- What is Best Baseball Bats For High School ?
- What are bbcor bats?
- What Materials are BBCOR Bats Made of?
- What Leagues Use BBCOR Bats?
- Why Choosing High School Bats Is Important?
- Best baseball bats for high school 2020
- Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR bats
- Louisville Slugger Solo 618 baseball bats
- Rawlings 2018-5150 Alloy BBCOR bats
- Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp baseball bats
- Marucci MCBC7 Cat7 high school baseball bats
- Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR bats
- Easton 2018 Beast X Speed BBCOR bats
- Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR bats
- How Did We decide the best bbcor bats 2019?
- Conclusion of best baseball bats for high school
What is Best Baseball Bats For High School ?
Your kid needs to play with a bat that suits him while practicing on the net or on the pitch. First of all, you can not escape the standard of the best bbcor bats 2019 and then you need to fix some answers and on the basis of that need to examine many areas, such as the bat material type, bat construction type and the bat measurement type. Finally, you may get the Best baseball bats for high school leagues.
Remember, not all the bat can serve your purpose however, it would be enlisted in the best 2019 BBCOR baseball bats. To get the perfect bat especially for your boy, you need to educate yourself on certain things.
Therefore, we are going to share 2019 bbcor bat reviews and once you grasp all the information by your heart, you can definitely buy a perfect one out of it.
What are bbcor bats?
When you think about the high school baseball game, you should focus on the baseball bats which have the certification from BBCOR.
As the BBCOR certification is important for that, so you need to know about BBCOR.
The name of BBCOR confuses so many people as it doesn’t make sense to a person who never heard of it before.
So what is BBCOR Bat?. The National Federation of State High School Association (NFHS) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) brought this thought for the first time.
The elaboration of it “Bat-Ball Coefficient of Restitution” It tells us about the amount of energy that empowered during the ball came in contact with the bat.
So obviously, if the rate of BBCOR is high, then the ball can come in contact with the bat at a furious speed. On the flip side, if it is less, then the ball has to come in contact at a lower speed.
Besides, there are three rules regarding this concept, and they are:
- BBCOR bat diameter won’t be more than 2 5/8 inches
- BBCOR bat drop weight should be limited to -3
- BBCOR bat length is restricted under 36 inches
When you can see all the three criteria altogether in one bat that is called BBCOR bat.
NOTE: Wood bat is not under this regulation because all the wood bat is considered to have auto BBCOR certification.
What Materials are BBCOR Bats Made of?
BBCOR bats are made of aluminum alloy, or it could be made of composite materials. Normally Alloy bats are associated with other metals to make the bat stronger with aluminum alloy. Whereas, composite bats are come out from the combination of fiberglass, carbon fiber, graphite and sometimes it is constructed by Kevlar too. On the flip side, you can see some of the bats are made of a composite handle with the alloy barrel.
Aluminum alloy BBCOR baseball bats normally come with one-piece design and the barrel tends to be thin with the responsive walls having the amazing pop feature. On the flip side, composite BBCOR bats are two-piece construction type, and it makes the bat lightweight also flexible compared to the 1-piece alloy bat. So composite bat has a good increase in bat speed in this manner.
Another type of bat is called the Hybrid BBCOR bat, which is a new hype. It also features 2-piece construction like the composite bat. Also, it has an alloy barrel along with the composite handle. As a result, it allows for a longer and lighter handle with the responsive barrel.
What Leagues Use BBCOR Bats?
BBCOR Certification is used in almost all youth associations including Pony Baseball, Little League, Dixie Youth Baseball, AABC, Babe Ruth Baseball. Remember that, some leagues which deem the BBCOR bats are illegal as they are not using it in their league. On the other hand, if you can participate in the MLB, the wooden bat doesn’t bother the BBCOR rules at all.
Why Choosing High School Bats Is Important?
The reason is pretty obvious to us to choose a specific bat for the high school baseball game. First of all, high school bats are identified by its size, length, and drop according to BBCOR otherwise, it will be illegal to play for any junior leagues.
On the other hand, it has some benefits too. The senior player tends to have extra strength and ability to play with bigger barrel and length, whereas the High School boy has less ability. Therefore, they should play with a lighter bat for increasing the hitting speed, shorter bat according to their height, and the drop for their ability to hit and crush the ball.
What if happen, If a high school player jumps onto the senior bats? In that case, they won’t be able to play perfectly as a result unable to improve the game too. They should be given the appropriate bat that suits their age, height, and strength. Day by day, when you can see they are growing in age, size, and strength, you can give them a senior level bat.
Keeping this matter in your mind, choosing a special bat for high school boys is important. Therefore, every Youth association set the BBCOR certification rules for them too.
Best baseball bats for high school 2020
Success in any game does not depend only on the best bat rather the best bat has to serve your individual purpose too. We’ve examined a lot of bat in the market and finally choose a few of them, which we think to be the best baseball bats for high school. So let’s dive into the main article from now.
|Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR|
|Louisville Slugger Solo 618|
|Rawlings 2018-5150 Alloy BBCOR|
|Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp|
|Marucci MCBC7 Cat7|
|Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR|
|Easton 2018 Beast X Speed BBCOR|
|Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR|
Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR bats
You may have heard about Rawlings, one of the most popular baseball bats, and the Rawlings 2018 Velo is the most used bat in college baseball 2019. What makes it so popular for the high school kid? First of all, the advanced pop feature with the ultralight hitter advantage allows a player to play great shots. Moreover, this bat is adaptable to the new hand even if you are going to hit the ball for the first time.
Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR is an ideal bat for high school games as it is certified from BBCOR. It has the perfect measurement in terms of barrel size, bat length, and drops weight. It offers a high school player to play with perfect balanced swing weight, so it becomes easy to control.
The player feels the bat lightweight, and when he takes shots, the ball comes to the contact of a sweet spot. On the other hand, the swing speed you can generate with Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR, that would be amazing. The player will have the room to increase their ability and hit the ball in the gaps within outfield and infield.
The ping sound is distinctive, so when you crush the ball, you can hear a very familiar sound from it. It has a super tacky synthetic grip that allows a player for better comfort with secure gripping. This bat offers a great pop at the average distance so you can simply take off the bat and let the shot travel to the right place.
- Velo bat comes with the end cap feature that will lower the moment of inertia and offer more balance while hitting strokes.
- It has a League certification from the NCAA and NFHS, so if you want to play any league then this bat will be legal to play.
- The ultra-light design makes the bat lightweight, and carbon fiber barrel helps to increase the swing speed too.
- The synthetic designed grip, stiff handle, and the flex barrel let you grab the handle in great ease and so you can strike the bat for many amazing shots.
- Between the sweet spot and the barrel you will find the laser-etched groove, it improves the barrel flexibility.
- This bat is specially designed for the high school junior players, and thus it is the 32-inch length with a 2 5/8 inch big barrel.
Louisville Slugger Solo 618 baseball bats
Louisville Slugger is the common name in the best baseball bats for high school games as they have produced a lot of bats that went viral. Among many bats, Louisville Slugger solo 618 is on fire too. The bat made of hybrid alloy with a ballistic composite end cap and it is the main attractive feature of this bat. Like other BBCOR bat, it is also lightweight with the perfect mode of swing speed.
Moreover, the vibration mode helps to shake you less while hitting hard on the pitch. Keeping in mind the comfort, it has a lizard skin baseball bat grip and doesn't be a surprise to see it wrapping around your bat. The lizard skin is a new hype in a baseball bat, and it is customized and looks amazing. Do you love a bigger bat with the enhanced sweet spot?
In that case, you will love this bat as it comes with a big barrel and sweet spot. On the other hand, the hyper alloy increases the energy transfer when you will crush the ball against the ball flight. Our opinion about this bat is neutral; we believe this serves its purpose pound for pound. However, we will only recommend this bat for 9/10 years old players, depending on its weight/length.
It has been tested by us as we have given to one of the young players and found out the extremely lightweight and has a powerful stroke. Moreover, the Solo bat got an amazing pop with ultra weight distribution with the quick level swing across the hitting zone of the bat.
- One-piece SL Hyper Alloy construction makes the bat amazingly lightweight, and the player got a stiffer feeling with proper weight distribution.
- Speed Ballistic end cap provides the young player to hit with quicker swing speeds, and they can maximize the energy transfer.
- Approved measurement with 2 5/8 barrel and -11 drops let a young player play any junior league game.
- It has a custom lizard skins grip, which is a hype in a baseball bat now allows hitting every shot holding the bat comfortably.
Rawlings 2018-5150 Alloy BBCOR bats
Rawlings 2018-5150 Alloy BBCOR is now in the fire with phenomenal specs and awesome design and one of the best lineups of Rawlings. You know every baseball player once in a lifetime experience to play with Rawlings. However, this bat is not for everyone and dedicatedly came out for the high school players.
Nowadays, many high school bat has some common features that you know which doesn't make the bat stand out from others and lost in the crowd too. But Rawlings 2018-5150 Alloy BBCOR has one special feature that is normally doesn't churn out in the market.
Yes, we are talking about Pop 2.0 technology! Your kid will love to have it and can smash the ball with the most pop. The Pop 2.0 tech helps to include a laser groove inside the barrel. So the player can strike the ball comfortably as it tends to come in the sweet spot region.
Now talk about the core part that is Rawlings 2018-5150 Alloy BBCOR construction.
Thankfully, it is a single piece of aluminum for that it is suitable for high school games as it helps to create a stiff feeling as well as has a slightly end-loaded swing. If you could cut out the barrel in different parts, then you would have seen the levels of thickness inside and outside the barrel wall. This type of thickness of the wall help to push forward a high performing game. It comes from the center of the barrel
- Built-in aerospace-grade 5150 alloy that makes it extremely lightweight so many people consider it the best baseball bats 2019.
- Engineered with p0p 2.0 technology that unleashes the most pop feature and enhances the sweet spot with an improved feeling.
- 30 inches length and 2 5/8 inch barrel is for the high school player, however, the length is preferable to a player whose height is above average.
- One-Piece, Alloy Baseball Bat feature makes it sturdy and increases the swing speed while playing.
- The bat comes with the big barrel so it is recommended for professional junior league players.
Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp baseball bats
Mako BBCOR bat now come back with the real beast called Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp. I need to take a long breath to share about this bat since it has top materials with innovative technologies for that you can rip the ball by gripping the handle of it. Therefore, it is the best baseball bats for high school in the junior league game.
Let's share the main secret of this bat. It lies in the main material that is 100% TCT composite material and considered to be Easton's best composite, which is using in the bat exclusively.
Secondly, the main attention of this bat is the redesigned barrel that 1.5" length. The extended barrel size will boost the game's fastest swing mechanics. Again, it will optimize the energy transfer that every elite hitter cherished.
How we can forget to tell about the latest add on that is hyper skin bat grip? We can see nowadays bat companies focus on the grip very seriously. As a result, the newest tech is adding in this segment. As a result, they bring it to us. The hyper skin bat grip will add more and more comfort compared to the lizard skin or other gripping features. So a player can hold the bat for a long time without feeling any hand sting.
- It has innovated a new technology that is called Patented two-piece ConneXion technology that helps to increase the energy transfer.
- TCT Thermo Composite Technology shapes the barrel with an extended mode and provides it with unmatched swing speed.
- 2 mm hyper skin grip feels comfortable on all types of hitting contact so after grabbing the bat, a player can unleash this beast.
- Two-piece construction makes it sturdy and weight distribution with the combination of CXN technology.
- Lower MOI (Moment Of Inertia) paves the way to hit the ball with better speed and greater control.
Marucci MCBC7 Cat7 high school baseball bats
Marucci CAT 7 BBCOR is similar to its previous version of the CAT 6 and CAT 5. The latest one came with more power and an advantage while playing. It has some features that would be perfect for the high school junior game. The good sign of the latest bat is the improvement comparing to the previous versions. For example, the sweet spot dramatically increased compared to the CAT 6 bat.
We examine this bat, and we can see that the barrel has been optimized with the sweet spot, and a player will find it more responsive too. The construction of this bat is sturdy and easily export the energy into the barrel.
When you will grab the bat and hit some strokes, you will find the AV2 knob (Second generation anti-vibration knob) responds with positive vibration feedback. Additionally, they have brought the ring-free barrel technology which exclusively helps to provide unmatched performance, and you can find no dead spots.
This the most forgiving, well balanced, and most importantly, you will get the sweetest feeling even in the hardest hitting.
- Second generation AV2 anti-vibration feature minimizes the hand sting with a superior vibe.
- Az4x alloy construction helps to boost the strength with a greater response rate
- Ring-free barrel technology gives better performance. As a result, the player won't find any "dead spot".
- CAT 7 bat measurement features -3 lengths to weight ratio and a 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter, so it meets the demands of BBCOR standard.
- End wall thickness improves the balance and makes sure faster swing speeds
- One-piece alloy construction provides traditional bat feelings.
Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR bats
Omaha 517 is one of the best baseball bats for high school for amazing lightweight and diversified features for that you can drooling at the mouth. One of the great features of this Louisville Slugger is the ST7U1+ alloy for that it poses extreme durability with a huge sweet spot. Additionally, you can have a stiffer feeling whenever you will hit any stroke.
It is designed to play, especially junior players. The premium grip let you feel comfortable, and the style will make you proud. Hitting the strokes and having the vibration is a common problem, and nowadays, many baseball bats come out with the anti-vibration feature. Omaha has no exception for it. It has an anti-vibration grip that will give a positive vibe in any type of contact with the ball.
On the other hand, it will keep you away from the hand sting so no more problem with the pain in your palms. The measurement is as perfect as the BBCOR standard, so you get the legitimacy to play on the league. We know that most of the companies are now focusing on a larger sweet spot as it helps to play with better performance. To make sure it, the different companies are innovating different methods. In that case, Louisville Slugger brought ST 7U1+ alloy 1-piece construction.
- It comes with the sleek and sexy graphics with the Lizard skin-grip so you will forget about your hand sting.
- Legitimate gameplay with BBCOR standard as it has -3 drop ratio, 2 5/8 inch Barrel Diameter, and 31/32 inch tapered handle.
- Louisville Slugger End Cap which provides with well-balanced swing weight with the ultimate bat speed.
- One-Piece, Alloy Construction makes the bat durable and a player can have a stiffer feeling.
- Lizard skin premium grip allows a player to hold the bat with great comfort
Easton 2018 Beast X Speed BBCOR bats
Easton has brought the monster bat Beast X Speed, and now we are going to talk about this. The ping of this bat is out of the world besides it is loud, powerful, and strong. They came with this Beast X having an extended barrel design and provide you a big springboard for hitting surface for that you can drop the bombs!.
The Z core internal technology make sure to enhance barrel pop performance. Combining all of it, you are going to get a perfect 1-piece bat from the BBCOR market. The balanced model can deliver you with the fastest swing speed along with the perfect control at your hand. By the way, it is not certified by USA BAT.
Normally we know, high school bat is more likely to focus on the balance, weight, and BBCOR standard. Keeping this in your mind the Easton Beast X Speed would be the ultimate choice. Moreover, you will get some other features too, which is commonly seen in most of the BBCOR bats. One of it is the hyper skin bat grip; it is now a mandatory feature so we can see in every bat it is included.
- Advanced Thermal Alloy Construction (ATAC) Alloy delivers the explosive sound, powerful hitting with invincible strength.
- Z-CORE internal core technology gives a huge sweet spot and one of the longest aluminum barrels in the business.
- 2 5/8-inch barrel diameter, -3 lengths to weight ratio, and a thicker 31/32-inch tapered handle diameter make sure the BBCOR standard.
- 4mm HYPERSKIN Grip Increases the support for cushioning and gives you a comfortable free.
Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR bats
Louisville Slugger is continuously providing the best baseball bats for high school in the USA as they can unfold the new features and combine them perfectly. As we are going to talk about the best baseball bat, we can't forget the Louisville Slugger Solo 617.
This bat is a hot cake now, especially as the best BBCOR bat. The main attention of this bat is the balanced swing weight with the incredible swing speed, and it doesn't mishit at all. They didn't forget about the custom skin for the grip, so this premium grip will allow you to rip it.
Again, it helps to associate with the end cap. As a result, it can dampen the vibration since it is a BBCOR bat, so you don't even need to look further to see the barrel and bat sizes at all. The aluminum alloy comes with more innovation as it is SL Hyper alloy and the one-piece construction helps the player to feel the bat stiffer and sturdy.
- SBC Speed Ballistic Composite End Cap makes it lighter compared to the other Louisville Slugger BBCOR bats which do not have the end cap feature.
- It has the ultimate MOI feature so that you can hit the ball with the fastest speed against the ball.
- New Custom lizard skin makes sure to grab the bat with more comfort and release your hand sting.
- It has 31/32 inches tapered handle, a drop -3 are the perfect combination for a regular player.
- SL Hyper alloy with 1-piece construction gives the player for a stiffer feeling, and it passes the energy to the barrel and thus improves the swing speed.
How Did We decide the best bbcor bats 2019?
We have already told a lot of things about the BBCOR baseball bat, and now we come to the most crucial segment that choosing the best bat based on BBCOR standard. When you are going to find the best bat, then a lot of options will come in your mind.
You need to make some decision that varies from player to player. For example, one question is, "Do you want a composite bat or an aluminum bat?" Then "Do you want to buy a one-piece or two-piece construction bat?" And the bat would be balanced or like End-loaded?
Don't worry; we will discuss every corners and edge. For that, let's break down the part in the following factors: they are:
a) Weight: Normally BBCOR bats have a -3 length to weight ratio, and it is called drop ratio too. Many people still don't know what is exactly the drop ratio. Well, there is no such rocket science to know it. The drop ratio is the difference between the length of the bat with the weight of the bat, and that is measured by ounces. Normally you are pondering why the result comes out as negative? Because the drop normally comes the result of lightweight of every bat. As a result, the result comes out as negative. On the other hand, it shows that 3 ounces are lighter than the total length of the bat. As a result, it comes out with -3.
For example, the perfect drop -3 shows that the bat would weigh like 30 ounces. To make the result, simply take the size of the length that is 33 inches and subtract it from its weight, 30 ounces.
b) Length: BBCOR bat is especially for the junior games so it comes with minimum length and the range is between 31 inches to 34 inches in length. However, there are a few models like Louisville Slugger 618 Solo which has, even more, shorter length 29 to 30 inches.
c) Material: Best baseball bats come out with three types of material, they are:
1)Aluminum BBCOR Bats: It is also called alloy bats, and the material comes from Aluminum. Alloy or aluminum bats are the traditional type of bat with the amazing ping when the ball comes to contact with the bat. The one-piece design comes with a fully aluminum bat, so it is the lightest type of bat in the market also provide the unforgiving mishits. Later this segment, we are going to explain about the one-piece and two-piece bat.
2)Composite BBCOR Bats: Composite bats are the most popular material whenever anyone thinks about buying a bat. As a result, many manufacturers are churning out the composite bats. It paves the way to the player for a distinct edge at the plate, release the weight, as a result, improve the performance. Among many advantages, a bigger sweet spot and the decreased sting on mishits are on the top.
3)Wooden BBCOR Bats: History tells about the wooden bat since the 1800s, and it is the only bat type that is exclusively allowed in the MLB. Heavy and capable of delivering powerful shots. However, the wooden bat is not 100% wood; rather, it mixes up with the bamboo to some extent. The type of wood is ash, birch, maple, and wood composite.
Construction feature makes a bat perfect for BBCOR; it could be one-piece, two-piece, or balanced. Each of them is developed differently and effectively in different levels of the game. Let's discuss it below
1)One-piece bats: People who want to have a stiff feel with little flex while the ball comes on contact, can think about this mode of construction. For the minimum flex, a hitter requires more power so that it is preferred to a strong player who can deliver power hits.
2)Two-piece bats: It provides more flex compared to the previous one while the ball comes on the contact with the bat. The construction of the bat has done such a way so it can create a whip effect. This effect amazingly increases the bat speed. Most young players love this construction as it can generate more power and transfer into the barrel.
3)Balanced: This type of bats come out with good weight distributed evenly across the total length of the bat. As a result, the player can generate faster and quicker shots and improve their swing speeds. It enables a player to play every shot with more control.
Conclusion of best baseball bats for high school
You can not get the best baseball bats for high school depends on your whims; rather, you have to know about what is BBCOR and what standard is set to the junior leagues. Besides, every bat has a different story with different features. You have to know which bat will improve which part of your game and then you can make a perfect decision as we have shown you the best bbcor bats 2019. Finally, this article’s information will help you to buy the next bat this year.