- What are the best baseball bats for 10 year olds ?
- Best Baseball Bats For 10 Year Olds 2020
- What is the correct Size Baseball Bat for my Child?
- Best Baseball Bats For 10 Year Olds comparison table
- Top 6 best youth baseball bats reviews
- What you need to know when buying A new youth Bat
- How to Properly Maintain and Take Care Of Youth Bats
- Final Thought of best youth baseball bats
What are the best baseball bats for 10 year olds ?
Baseball is one of the most spectacular games and it is played by all ages in the USA. Young people at 10 years old, play this game with great enthusiasm. Their parents also want them to see crush the ball with the better-hitting strokes.
Your kid’s effort and practice is not enough to be a good player whenever he is not using the right type of bat. Make sure, you have bought the perfect bat that suits his age, height, strength, and ability to play it.
If baseball is the only dream of your kid, then he needs to start his career from the age of ten at least. So when it comes to playing a great baseball game every parent’s concern is to find out the best baseball bats for ten year olds.
Best Baseball Bats For 10 Year Olds 2020
Before going to buy any specific bat, you need to know which bat would be a perfect choice for your kid. As the age is not the only factor, you should go ahead rather your kid’s weight, and height.
Besides, some bats are too heavy to lift, and some are quite lightweight compared to others. Hence, your kid strength is an issue too.
How do you pre-define without knowing what are the best youth baseball bats 2019 and how a bat works in a different situation? Don’t worry, we are going to tell you all the inside story, and after reading the whole article, you will understand which bat you should buy now.
What is the correct Size Baseball Bat for my Child?
A common question from the parents is about the size of a bat for their child. Many parents are getting confused whenever they think about a bat for the first time. Pretty natural, indeed.
The problem comes out when you will buy a big size bat for your kid as you have presumed that, it won’t be a big deal for your kid. Don’t do that at all as it would be a total waste of money.
Another frustrating occurrence happens when a father goes to buy a bat as a birthday gift and bring it at home, which costs around 100 dollars. After playing with it, his kid experience that it doesn’t fit his body properly.
And why do you make that mistake? Most of the time, your kid want a bigger bat, and you didn’t know that the bat won’t serve the purpose. As a result, you become fooled and find the bat useless.
A rule of thumb commonly applied for the Young players and it is measured by age, height, and weight. Let’s the chart below:
Best Baseball Bats For 10 Year Olds comparison table
|DeMarini 2017 Re-Tooled CF ZEN|
|Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR|
|DeMarini 2018 Voodoo One|
|DeMarini 2019 CF Zen|
|Louisville Slugger 2018 Omaha 518|
Top 6 best youth baseball bats reviews
1. DeMarini 2017 Re-Tooled CF ZEN baseball bats
DeMarini stand with the highest brand value in the baseball bat industry for the last 28 years. According to the consumer review, we assure you that it is the best baseball bats for 10 years olds. They are constantly bringing quality bats with innovation. DeMarini 2017 Re-Tooled CF ZEN is not an exception of it.
The bat has designed keep in mind to get verified from USSSA certification that’s why it is called Re-tooled. The old model did not have the R emblem, so those were not legal to use in USSSA games.
DeMarini 2017 Re-Tooled CF ZEN comes with the art of latest technology with quality materials what makes the bat powerful, lightest and let a player experience better swinging in the game. Moreover, it is specially designed for senior league game as it has ParaFlex Composite Barrel.
As a result, the material inside of it comprises dynamic fiber orientation. It has enhanced sweet spot, and the wrapper performance allows a player to improve his every swing. the D-fusion feature lets the player get more confidence even in the longer ball flights.
- Para flex composite barrel design helps to make a bat 22% stronger than any regular composite bat.
- D-Fusion 2.0 handle helps to reduce the vibration and redirect the energy back into bat’s barrel
- The bat has the perfect drop -10 length to weight ration that is perfect for the senior league game and the barrel diameter is 2 3/4 inches.
- High-visibility low Pro end cap optimizes the swing weight as a result when a player hit the ball hear the better crack sound.
- RCK knob will let your hand rest comfortably on your hand and safer to play on the pitch.
- The Re-tooled design allows a player to play on the senior league game and therefore it is a legal bat now.
2.Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR bats
Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR comes from one of the best brand Louisville which is American most trusted brand too. This bat would be an ideal bat for high school and collegiate player as it is approved from BBCOR. It has an amazing alloy construction what makes the bat lightest and crush the ball with better power.
Normally a high school player prefers an alloy construction bat as it goes with their age and strength also easy to handle. If you want a better comfort grip, then this bat also provides with the lizard skin grip so that you can hold the bat for a long time and feel any numbness.
Whenever you will hold the bat and hit one after another ball you can improve the swing mechanics as the barrel size is perfect for a junior player like you. Moreover, it has built especially keeping in mind to take care of the perfect balance on the ground even the ball fly higher against the ball.
- 1-piece construction provides with a big sweet spot and player can have the stiffer feel on the contact of a ball
- Lizard skin grip allows a player with enhanced tackiness and softness, and he can play comfortably on the pitch
- 3 Length to weight ratio and 31/32 inch tapered handle perfect combination for junior league gaming
- The bat is the ideal for high school and collegiate gaming, so it is certified by BBCOR
- One-Piece alloy construction enhances the durability of the bat and increases the balance to shift the bat with perfect timing.
- This bat is legal for Junior league divisions as an intermediary game
3. DeMarini 2018 Voodoo One baseball bats
DeMarini 2018 Voodoo comes with great innovation improvement as it has great features as a youth bat with the internal design. It is made of a one-piece of hybrid aluminum construction makes it sturdy and performing and you can give to your kid's hand as it is one of the best baseball bats for ten year olds.
It would be the perfect choice for a player who wants to play power shots with extreme lights swinging. Also, it will let you have a stiffer feeling when the ball will contact with the bat.
If you are looking for a certification of a bat, then Voodoo one is a certified bat from the best usssa youth baseball bats 2019. The X14 alloy barrel provides amazing strength during the game and improves your strength too.
Most of the buyers go to the market to shop any bat without knowing whether it is for the senior or junior. Moreover, the alloy construction will give him a light feel to play on the field. So if you don't know what's coming next to the feature see the features of Voodoo one here:
- 3Fusion End Cap allows more durability, weight control while playing so one can improve his hitting strokes
- -10 Length to weight ratio and 2 5/8 inch Barrel Diameter is a perfect measurement for a youth baseball player
- One piece alloy construction makes the bat more sturdy and lightest so that you can hit the toughest ball on the game.
- X14 Alloy Barrel helps to deliver the fullest performance with better resilient strength
- RCK Knob allows a player to fit perfectly on the bottom hand for great comfort.
4. Marucci Cat7 baseball bats
We can assure you that Marucci Cat7 baseball bat is best baseball bats for 10 year olds. This bat is pretty similar to the CAT 5 and CAT6, and this one comes with better specs and features. The bat is improving compared to the older one and has a masterful design.
So you must be thinking what could be the improvement with the bat; right? Marucci Cat7 improved with the AZ4X alloy so we can assure you that this Cat 7 would be more durable compared with the previous bats.
Also, they have optimized the Barrel, which is more responsive than the previous versions and offers a twice as large sweet spot. Maruucchi engineers are brilliantly creating their bats with improvement; however, in one point they probably fail to improve the vibration rate of this bat, especially for the juniors.
But in this bat, they have deployed the second generation anti-vibration AV2 knob, so hopefully junior player may experience at least a bit of good experience. Another new feature of this bat is ring-free barrel technology helps to produce a greater performance whereas you won't find any dead spots.
- It has a perfect measurement for the junior league game with -3 lengths to weight ratio and two 2 ¾ inches barrel diameter.
- The new feature of AZ4X alloy enhances the overall strength with a greater response rate.
- BBCOR certification allows the bat to play for High school and Collegiate game
- AV2 Knob helps to decrease vibration rate so it will give a better feeling when a junior player hit the ball
- Well balanced especially when a player crush the ball with precise hitting strokes and barrel design is optimized compared to the previous versions.
- Legal to play for the junior league divisions so it is an ideal bat for juniors.
5. DeMarini 2019 CF Zen bbcor bats
DeMarini 2019 CF Zen is one of the most popular bats when it comes to DeMarini Lineup. The most advanced features and specs get together in this bat. Let's talk about 3-Fusion technology first.
It helps to perform every component of the bat to the fullest performance. Suppose, you can play with it controlling the weight balance and reduce the vibration while hitting one ball after another.
It performs with a good swing along with the better weight distribution, and it is only possible due to having the 3Fusion technology. The End Cap design allows a player to get an increase sweet spot and the energy easily redirected to the barrel during swing shots on the game.
While you will crush the ball with your fullest energy, then you need to get a better grip. In that case, the Camo-D premium allows you to prevent from any slipping out. DeMarini CF Zen construction is 2-piece and type is composite and keep in mind that this bat is certified from the USA Baseball Stamp.
- A perfect bat comes with the perfect standard measurement with -10 length to weight ratio along with 2 5/8 inch Barrel diameter.
- 3Fusion End Cap maximize the redirection of energy to the barrel and let you feel to experience with the bigger sweet spot.
- 3Fusion Taper allows a player to improve his weight distribution throughout the game so he can improve his game to the optimum level
- D-Tak Grip provides a comfortable grip to the player so he can stay on the game with great gripping comfort
- Flex feature allows popping the ball even the player needs to play the ball from high flight
- PeraFlex composite features provide extra strong compared to the regular bat and it goes up to 22% stronger and stiffer. Again make the barrel more responsive too.
6. Louisville Slugger 2018 Omaha 518 baseball bats
Whenever it comes to buy any Louisville bat the Louisville Slugger 2018 Omaha 518 is considered to be the best baseball bats for ten year olds. They made this bat lightweight with the single piece aluminum construction.
As a result, it is durable and easy to crush any ball on the game. By the way, the End Cap features decrease the weight of the barrel and allow a player to hit the ball with the better-balanced swing.
The wrapper handle in these days isn't available in most of the baseball bats, but Louisville Slugger 2018 Omaha 518 has a synthetic leather grip with the wrapper, so it improves the gripping experience a lot. Why should buy Louisville Slugger 2018 Omaha 518? A common and valuable question, indeed.
Well, the Omaha version of a bat is not a new one rather the company develop the Omaha models years after years. So Louisville Slugger 2018 Omaha 518 is the best out of all the versions. Louisville Slugger has patented ST7U1 alloy with the single piece aluminum construction which protects from the vibration with greater resistance against some shock.
- The bat offers perfect size which is two 5/8-inch barrel diameter and -10 drop for that got USA BAT certification.
- It has a 6-star performance premium end cap that extends the barrel and maintains a perfect weight distribution too.
- St 7U1+Alloy construction provides a greater sweet spot with the stiffer feeling, which makes a difference with the regular bats.
- Amazing Wrapper and gripping performance allow a player to play a long tiring match with better gripping experience.
- 7/8 inch standard handle allows to the perfect weight distribution and well balance during the game.
What you need to know when buying A new youth Bat
a) Bat Length:
Is the current bat of your kid has the perfect length? To know about this, just tell your kid to grab his bat and hold it with the barrel on the ground. Just have a look on your kid's hip whether the handle reach to the hip level or not?
By the way, forget about the waist level as it would be too high. If it reaches to the hip level then it's fine you didn't waste your money. If you can see it's too high or too low, then I'm afraid you have made a wrong deal.
See the chart below and define what’s the best length that fits your kid
b) Bat Weight:
After confirming the bat length, the bat weight is the second most integral factor you need to sort out. Normally a bat should not be too weighty or too light. So the weight is very tricky stuff to find out.
Depending on your kid's age and stamina to hold it for a long time during playing is the crucial factors that you need to know. So forget about to try many bats and then choose the perfect one as it costs a number of bats. Rather, see our chart below and make a good decision.
Most buyers who are going to buy a baseball bat for the first time don't even know about the bat drop. However, it is comprehensible factor to look over. To know about drop make sure you have drawn a difference between the length (in inches) and weight (in ounces)
For instance, if a bat weighs 20 ounces and the length is 30 inches. As a result, the drop would be 10", alternatively it is shown as -10. Different youth leagues at different ages have different criteria regarding the bat. Normally the youth leagues of 10 years old they prefer -3 drop bats.
So it is now obvious to you that younger and smaller players will have a higher drop rate as there are great differences remain between the length in inches and the weight in ounces. As this young people tend to have less strength in their body, so try to get a light bat for greater speed. So a good drop measurement is the sign of the Best Baseball Bats For 10 Year Olds
Every bat manufacturer is strict about the material as it is the core of a baseball bat. Depending on the material type bat becomes either light or heavy. Whenever you think about the material, you will come to know that there are three types of material Composite, Alloy and Wood
Nowadays most of the bats are composite type by dint of advanced technology. In a composite bat, we can see the carbon fiber of polymer comes to use. More specifically, the composite bat is typically the hybrid type of bat. It means, some wooden particles or the aluminum comes to add with polymer and build a better type of bat.
- Composite bat: This kind of bats are now pretty popular in regards to Youth bat at the same time it is expensive too. The reason people are looking for this type of bat has many reasons. One of them is having a trampoline effect.
The trampoline effect let the bat crush the ball with the most pop. As a result, the player can experience increased swing. Also, this type of bat often has a larger sweet spot, lower vibration, bending stiffness. The composite bat comes to break-in easily compared to the others type of bat.
Note: This type of bat is the perfect choice for young players especially when it comes as a hybrid bat.
- Alloy Bat: It is also called metal bats and very common to them who love the lightest version of a baseball bat. This kind of bat provide with the best performance at the beginning and after a few days later decreasing its capabilities. So if you are looking for to have an Alloy type bat then make sure to replace it soon with the newer bat.
If you compare it with the composite bat then you will find a smaller sweet spot and less pop too. But unlike composite bat, it is not easily breakable for the aluminum type. Overall if you are looking for a cheap baseball bat then it would be the best material type for your bat.
Note: It is another ideal bat for a young player as it the lightest type of bat.
- Wood: Undoubtedly, the most expensive and heavy type of material. Only a pro can handle this type of bat as it is the heaviest. The wood bat also has three types such as Maple, Ash, and Birch. It is also called metal bats and very common to those who love the lightest version of a baseball bat.
This kind of bat provide with the best performance at the beginning and after a few days later decreasing its capabilities. So if you are looking for to have an Alloy type bat then make sure to replace it soon with the newer bat.
Note: Wood bat is not recommendable for a Young player at all as it is heavy and only a pro player can play with it.
How to Properly Maintain and Take Care Of Youth Bats
Nobody wants to keep a defective bat at all. Because it will hamper your performance during the game. The solution is to make it perfect or throw it in the garbage. But if you can maintain your bat properly from the day you have bought it then it will last longer.
We know the baseball bat type is different. Some of them are wooden and some of them are aluminum and rest of them are composite bats. Depending on the bat type you need to take care differently.
The wooden bat needs to take care of more dedicatedly, as it tends to dampen whenever it gets wet. So keep it in a dry place and maintain the proper temperature.
You can follow the following tips to maintain your bat properly:
Alloy and composite bats tend to damage whenever you keep those bat under 60 degrees Fahrenheit. On the flip side, your bat may get denser when it comes to the colder temperatures or in the wet climates so make sure to take precautions from it.
When you find any spot, especially with the wooden and composite bat, ensure that you have dented that place. If you don't do that, you will have a bitter experience in the game. Don't keep your bat in the garage or any place where the temperature remains hot during the day and night. At the same time, you need to avoid any extremely cool place too.
b) Take precaution while batting in the cages.
Cage balls may cause harm for your bat as long as you don't find it whether it is permitted to play or not. So make sure you are not playing with such cage balls which prohibited. Why are these balls not permitted? Because these balls are harder and compressed compared to the regular balls. As a result, it will damage your bat.
Note: Leather balls are the safest ball to play
c) Take care while gaming
You are not only going to take care of your bat when you are off the game but also, you should maintain your bat while you are on the game too. Do you want to improve the lifespan of your bat? Yes, who doesn't want to be? For that, try to rotate your baseball bat up to 1/4 ratio whenever you hit every time. Therefore, your bat will not get worn on any side, or even you can save your bat from denting too.
On the other hand, avoid any cleats to clean your bat as it normally damages your bat in a slow process. You should better try metal brush instead of it.
d) Clean your Bat
Which bat are you going to clean? Is it an alloy, composite, or wooden bat? The alloy bat is easy to clean compared to the rest of the two. The Wooden bat needs to take more precaution while cleaning as it may get dampen with the excessive liquid come into contact with it.
Make sure you have taken a soft cloth which is dirt free. For dirty bat magic, eraser works the batter but if you don’t use it before then we recommend you do not use it.
Some heavy-duty cleaners are not good for your bats such as solvents and acetone as it may hamper the glossy finish of your bat.
Final Thought of best youth baseball bats
The main pursuit of this article is to make you think out of the box also help you to find out the best baseball bats for ten year olds. Consequently, you can buy a bat that will serve your kid's purpose on the field. Many bats have many advantages and also have some cons too. We have tried to bring all of it altogether so you can make your choice depends on our analytical review of the best bat for 10 year old 2019.